Collective Action: Creating a Common Plan with your Community with Michel Bauwens
Michel Bauwens introducing 'the Commons'(length 28:12)
[sc_embed_player_template1 volume="50" fileurl="http://www.commoners.coop/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/michel-part2_short_01.mp3"]
On September 16th, 2018 a ‘Collective Action’ workshop was held in Bendigo with International Commons advocate Michel Bauwens. The workshop was auspiced by the Bendigo Sustainability Group and facilitated by Commoners Co-op. The workshop was further supported by a City of Greater Bendigo (COGB) community grant.
Mayor O’Rourke opened the workshop and met with Michel Bauwens for a brief discussion about the Commons Transition Planning that has been completed for the City of Ghent in Belgium. A number of Council staff participated in the forum and have had ongoing discussions about possible follow up from the workshop.
Trevor Budge and David Williamson participated in the workshop on behalf of COGB
Bendigo Sustainability Group was represented at the workshop by Leanne James, Don Leversha, Chris Corr and Colin Lambie.
Commoners Co-op was represented by Rob Eales, Jodie Hampson, Vasko Drogriski, Jan Hendrik Brueggemeier and Elsie L’Huillier.
Other participants presenting at the workshop included:
- Laura Ballantyne Brodie – Earth Law Advocate
- Philip Ingamells – advocate for National Parks
- Raylene Harradine – Bendigo District Aboriginal Co-op
- SeiSei Thein – Karen Community -COGB
- Laurie Whelan – The Good Loaf
- Elaine Atkinson – Growing Abundance Castlemaine
- Deb Bogenhuber – Food Next Door, Mildura
- Ian McBurney – bHive, Bendigo
- Theo Kitchener – Doing It Ourselves, Melbourne
- Ross Colliver – The Training and Development Group, Landcare
- Rob Bakes – Kyneton Public Square
- Cathie Steele – Foodshare, Bendigo
- Nikki Marshall – Localising Leanganook
- Michelle Fisher – Melbourne Repair Cafe
- Carolyn Suggate – Organic & Regenerative Investment Co-op
- Elene Pereya – Co Housing
- Antony McMullen – Incubator.Inc
Below is the outline for the workshop,
"A one day workshop with Michel Bauwens, Peer to Peer and Commons Transition advocate, for activists, community leaders and local government representatives. Michel will provide an overview of the Commons Movement and worldwide initiatives currently transforming the social, economic, political and technological landscape. The workshop will be held in Bendigo but is open to anyone active and/or interested in 'the Commons', new governance, sharing/solidarity/new economies, peer to peer programs, food and housing security, organic/regenerative farming, sharing platforms, ethical business, sustainability, renewable energy, earth law, worker owned co-operatives, block chain, crypto currency and sharing cities in a post capitalist future. This event is presented by Commoners Coop, auspiced by Bendigo Sustainability Group and supported by City Of Greater Bendigo."